The biggest problem when it comes to knee pain is that it can oftentimes be difficult to pinpoint what is actually wrong. Many patients feel confused as to what the actual issue is, that is, whether it’s joint inflammation, stiff muscles, or ligament stress. And unfortunately, while you’re trying to figure that out, the pain just seems to be getting worse. The fact of the matter is, though, in the midst of the pain and the daily discomfort you’re losing quality of life – it needs to stop.
THE GOOD NEWS IS, IF YOU’RE SUFFERING FROM KNEE PAIN THAT JUST DOESN’T SEEM TO BE GOING AWAY, YOU’RE NOT ALONE. IN FACT, KNEE PAIN IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON ISSUES WE TREAT HERE AT ACTIVE HEALTH+, SO YOU’RE IN GOOD HANDS.
We know that right now you might be wondering why this has happened to you, what you could have done, or how you might have prevented the pain in the first place. These are all excellent questions, but in truth there are no straight forward answers.
In fact, there are various reasons for why your knee pain is still bothering you. As hard as it might be to hear, the most common reason is that nothing has yet been done to try to heal your knee. It is easy and comforting to assume that the pain might dissipate on its own, or that tomorrow it might be healed. The truth is, though, this very rarely the case.
The longer you wait, the stiffer, more immobile, and in more pain you’ll be. Not only that, your recovery time will have doubled, or even tripled, depending on the time you’ve postponed taking action.
Another disheartening reason your knee pain hasn’t disappeared yet is the time you’ve spent in the GP’s waiting room. Generally, doctors prescribe painkillers which, sadly, do more harm than good. What’s more, these drugs only mask the pain and do nothing to cure the actual cause of the problem. Ultimately, the patient is temporarily relieved of the pain only to have it surface again in conjunction with a stronger dose of pain medication. The cycle has to stop.
Later, after the waiting and the medication, you might be given a knee support or be offered surgery. The latter is the very worst case scenario, and we here at Active Health+ urge you to avoid this route if at all possible – we want to help you do so.
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF FACED WITH THE REALITY OF THE ABOVE SCENARIOS, DON’T BE TOO DISHEARTENED. THERE IS A WAY OUT OF YOUR DAILY SUFFERING.
We know it hasn’t been easy trying to decipher which decisions to make. The amount of conflicting information out there can be very overwhelming. YouTube, Google, family, and even friends aren’t really offering you any suitable, safe, or effective advice. You know something needs to change, but you’ve been waiting and waiting for the answer whilst, in the meantime, the pain has just gotten that much worse. It really is time to take action.
To Help You Do Just That, We’re Giving You 7 Reasons Why Your Knee Pain Is Lasting Longer Than It Ought To:
1. You’ve believed things will get better, but they haven’t. Procrastination has only worsened the pain.
2. You’ve been taking painkillers, yet they only make you feel worse, increase the pain, and leave you feeling hopeless.
3. You’ve begun to believe that your knee pain is age-related.
4. You’ve tried massages, yet to no avail.
5. You wore the knee brace in the hope of some relief – none was found, and you felt your muscles weaken even further.
6. Rest has offered no relief – the pain hasn’t subsided and you’ve lost out on your activities, social life, and family time.
7. The Internet, YouTube, and Google have only worsened the pain – you’re beginning to give up hope.
Knee pain is something so many people go through – we know all about it here at Active Health+. We truly do want to help, and so we invite you to give us a free calltoday. In a chat with one of our dedicated, qualified, professional physiotherapists you’ll finally start to understand what actions need to be taken. The call is entirely risk free and comes with no obligation whatsoever.
Remember, understanding where you’ve been is paramount in knowing where you can go – you’ve suffered long enough, and it’s now time to embrace the life you deserve. Give us a call, right now, to find out how we can help you do it.
CLICK HERE TO TALK TO ONE OF OUR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS.
Having understood that you’re needlessly experiencing knee pain for much longer than you ought, it’s time to find out what you can do about it.
HERE ARE 4 WAYS YOU CAN GET RID OF YOUR KNEE PAIN, RIGHT NOW:
2. Avoid awkward positions. Posture matters. When it comes to knee pain, your posture is incredibly important. Improper alignment of the legs when sitting, or even when you’re sleeping, can increase your pain dramatically. Try to sit without crossing your legs, and, if possible, get up regularly and walk around. Being active and mobile is one of the best ways to jumpstart your road to recovery. Stretch, move, and be mindful of your posture as much as possible.
3. Visit a Professional, ‘Hands-On’, Qualified Physiotherapist. Here at Active Health+, we see so many patients over the age of 50 suffer from knee pain. We do not want this to be you. Physiotherapy is the fastest and most effective way of overcoming your knee pain. With a physiotherapist you’ll receive hands on treatment, get treatment for the root cause of the problem, and experience pain relief shortly after starting. Physiotherapy not only offers you a pain-free life, but it gives you the tools to maintain one; personalised, tailor-made exercises are given to the patient to ensure that he/she has the best possible chance to remain pain-free. Physiotherapy really is the best way to achieve your goals: an independent, active, pain-free life filled with joy.
4. Try difference exercises. In addition to the tailor-made program your physiotherapist gives you, why not try different low-impact forms of exercise? Keeping mobile is the best way of staving off stiffness and immobility. Pilates, swimming, and walking are but some of the ways you can keep active – the speed of your recovery is dependent on the strength and suppleness of the muscles in your knee, and exercising them gives you the best results.
If you’re interested in knowing more about how our team at Active Health can help you on your road to recovery, we invite you to book a Free Discovery Session with us, right now. The session is designed to make you feel comfortable, relieve your pain, and give you the answers you so desperately seek. And the best part? It’s completely complimentary, risk free, and without any obligation.
Seeing a physiotherapist is sometimes a hard thing to do – it may be nerve-wrecking and you may feel nervous about the treatment. We understand that, and that’s exactly why our Discovery Session is geared towards making things clear, giving you relief, and helping you find some real answers. We hope to see you soon, just click the link below to get started:
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR DISCOVERY SESSION
IF YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT REALISING YOUR DREAM OF A PAIN-FREE LIFE, TAKE A LOOK AT JUST SOME OF THE WAYS IN WHICH ACTIVE HEALTH+ CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOAL:
2. We’ll alleviate the pain and stiffness, often within the first half an hour of your initial appointment!
3. We’ll help you to get rid of those harmful painkillers by truly healing your problem and reliving your pain… permanently.
4.We’ll make sure you feel more energetic and joyful – pain steals your happiness, and we do not want this for you.
5. We’ll get you out of that knee brace! Strengthening your muscles and healing the root cause of the problem means that you no longer have to deal with that cumbersome aid.
6. We’ll always treat you safely and professionally.
7. We’ll give you the tools to maintain a pain free life by supplying you with tailor-made, effective exercises that you can do at home.
8. We will help you avoid injections and surgery, both of which would be harmful to your overall health.
9. We’ll get you back to doing the activities you love: from walking, to hiking, we know how important they are to you and we want to see you doing them again.
10. We’ll give you back the time with your family and friends – we know this means everything to you, and we’re dedicated to giving you the opportunity to embrace this time again
If you’ve made the decision to embrace the life we know you deserve, then we invite you to contact us today; just click the link below for more information about costs and availability. We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your goals, and we sincerely want you to start living a life free of knee pain, right now. We’re so excited to hear from you, and we can’t wait to help you on your journey to health!
FREE PHYSIO DISCOVERY SESSION
ENQUIRE ABOUT COST & AVAILABILITY
TALK TO A PHYSIOTHERAPIST
7 WAYS TO STOP ANNOYING KNEE PAIN!
Fill in the Form to Download YOUR 100% FREE Report
Get started with us
If you're ready to book your appointment then all you need to do is click below!